Everything you need to know for your test this week can be found in Algebra and Popcorn ;-)
, 3 posts back. Review all the material you feel you need to but spend most of your time taking the quizzes at the bottom of the post; those are the types of questions you're likely to get on your quiz. You get good at running by doing lots of running -- you get good at taking quizzes by taking lots of quizzes. ;-)
Also, starting this week, I'd like you to write at least one post a week. Your post should answer one or all of the following:
- Tell me about a particular class that you had. The good, the bad, the ugly. ;-)
- Describe how you feel about your progress in math. What's going well? What's getting better? What do you feel you still need to work on? Be sure to mention any "old" material that you may have "left behind" in class.
- Tell me something that you've learned that you thought was "cool".
- Tell me about something that you found very hard to understand but now you get it! Describe what sparked that "moment of clarity." What did it feel like?
- Tell me about something the you found very hard and still don't understand. Be very specific about what part of it you do and don't understand. (The do part is just as important as the don't part.) Give me examples. Take good notes in class so you can copy them exactly on to the blog.
- Have you come across something we learned together, or that you've discussed in class, out there in the "real world" or another class? Describe the connection you made.
You don't have to answer all of them, but try to answer at least one of them once each week. I don't want this to seem like "work" but it will really help me help you; especially if you include LOTS of details. ;-)
Learn hard for your test. Maybe your first post can be about how the test went -- the good, the bad and the ugly. ;-)