Ellie's (Grade 7) Math Blog

An online space for Ellie and any other grade 7 students out there to get help and learn more math!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

PowerPoint Help

Hi Ellie,

I found two PowerPoint presenations on Problem solving using algebra and drawing a diagram that might be helpful getting ready for your test and exam. Open them in PowerPoint and start the show by going to the [View]menu > [Slideshow]. The lesson will run all by itself.

Problem Solving I
Problem Solving II

Let me know if these help. Keep taking those quizzes and you'll keep getting better ... Learn Hard! ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2006 11:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Bronwyn, I liked the slide shows too. They "fit" very well with my prefered teaching style. I was strongly influenced by Georg Polya's book How To Solve It.

    The slide shows were created by Monica Yuskaitis, an elementary teacher from California. I found them archived on a website hosted by a school district in South Carolina. There's lots of good stuff there, and it's not just in math. ;-)

     
  • At 1/16/2008 3:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think powerpoint is the wrong technology to use for teaching algebra. These powerpoints have too many words instead of math on them. However, some games on powerpoint (like jeopardy)would be very attractive to 7th graders.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home