Ellie's (Grade 7) Math Blog

An online space for Ellie and any other grade 7 students out there to get help and learn more math!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Fractions to Decimals and Back Again

Hi Ellie,

You're working on fractions and decimals so I've got a bunch of links to help. ;-)

First, here are 6 Fact Sheets. Read through them all. You might even want to print them up and keep a copy in your note book or Ellie's Math Dictionary. That should be a very thorough review!

Next play this game. Start with Level A. Keep playing until you get it perfect without making any mistakes. Then move on to Level B and finally Level C.

When you're finished winning you're ready to take the quizzes. Like you did with the games, start with Level A. Keep at it until you get 100%. It may take a few tries but a smart young lady like you will get it -- just don't give up! ;-) Once you've concurred the Level A quiz move on the Level B and then Level C.

If you feel you need even more practice you can print out and work your way through these worksheets. Check your answers using the answer keys provided when you're done.

Email me, call, or leave a comment on the blog and let me know how you're doing with all this.

Love Ya!

By the way, you're starting to get visitors from across North America (maybe the world) so I put a "Visitor Map" on your blog for you to see where your visitors are coming from. It tracks the last 20 people who came to visit. Check it out every few days and watch where people come from who like to read and use your blog. ;-)

5 Comments:

  • At 1/10/2006 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, Ellie, what do reckon? Does your Math blog help you get things better than just the class in school. I have to confess: I gave up Math when I was 15 years old. I took Physics instead because in Physics I could see the point. If I had had a blog like the one your uncle's made I think I would have taken on Calculus and all that jazz (I think you have a quiet few years before you get onto that!).

    If you can post onto this yourself, even as a comment, I would like you to explain what some of these posts mean. And this is where I shock you. I am a teacher. A French and German teacher, in fact. Can you teach the teach a few things about maths?

     
  • At 1/10/2006 10:03 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Ellie,

    I am really enjoying your blog. In fact, I have shared it with my 7th grade students in Alabama. We have studied some of the same things!

     
  • At 1/11/2006 11:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ellie,
    This is a great idea and I think that it could work for my class this year in Adelaide, Australia. I wuld be interested to read some comments on how you think your maths has improved.

     
  • At 10/02/2006 5:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ellie, I live in Australia and i have learnt a lot from this blog. Maths hasn't exactly been my favourite subject but thanks to you I'm now top of the class!
    Thanks mate its appreciated!

     
  • At 9/25/2007 1:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, this is a great site! I have decided to homeschool my daughter who is just your age Ellie. When I was searching for useful math tips and exercises, I stumbled across this site. I think it is my favorite yet. HUGE SMILES!! Elizabeth, my daughter, is going to be so enthused to begin her trek through the world of 7th grade math. Glad you are sharing your experiences! Let the learning begin...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home